Paula Deen created this perfect party food by sandwiching ham and chutney in homemade mini biscuits.Cal/Serv: 70 Yields: 32 Prep Time: 0:50 Total Time: 1:15 Ingredients 2 c. self-rising cake flour 1/2 tsp. baking powder 6 tbsp. cold butter c. whole milk 3 tbsp. mango chutney 16 slice deli ham Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In large bowl, whisk flour and baking powder. With pastry blender or two knives used scissors-fashion, cut in 3 tablespoons butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside remaining butter to soften at room temperature. Into flour mixture, stir milk and buttermilk, just until mixture forms dough that leaves side of bowl. Add additional milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, if needed to help form dough.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead 2 or 3 times to smooth dough. Pat into 12" by 5" rectangle. With long side facing you, cut rectangle in half to form 2 rectangles, each 12" by 2 1/2". Cut each rectangle at 3/4-inch intervals to form 2 1/2" by 3/4" pieces. (You should end up with 32 biscuits.)
- On large ungreased cookie sheet, place biscuits 1/2 inch apart. Bake biscuits 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Transfer biscuits to wire rack to cool completely.
- In small bowl, mix reserved softened butter and chutney until well combined. On cutting board, cut ham slices crosswise in half to form 32 pieces.
- With serrated knife, split each biscuit. Spread chutney butter on both cut sides of each biscuit. Fold one ham slice to fit onto each biscuit bottom; replace biscuit top to make sandwich.